Contrast elegant architecture with sweeping coastal views. Explore Scottish villages and towns on our adventure through Fife.
Make sure you have your camera – you’re going to need it!
THE COASTAL VILLAGES OF FIFE
The Burgh of Fife, a gem waiting to be uncovered! The city, towns, and villages each have their own tales to tell…What piques your interest—history, culture, or maybe a bit of both?
- South Queensferry
- Pittenweem Harbour
- St Monans Harbour
- St Andrews
The journey starts from the beautiful South Queensferry, strolling along the Firth of Forth and its promenade, thanks to an exciting waterfront regeneration project. There will be facts, stories, tales, witches, caves, and more as you travel, firstly to the ancient Burgh, where you will walk through cobbled streets to the harbor.
Moving up the coast, the next stop is Pittenweem, home to the last remaining working harbor and fish market in Fife, with its many narrow closes and many fishy tales. Time for coffee in a local cafe before a trip to St Fillans cave and more stories. The next stop is St Monans dotted with pretty whitewashed houses surrounding the harbor with its uniquely-shaped zig-zag breakwater. The Salt Pans and beautiful auld Kirk sitting proudly on the outskirts of the village.
We are stopping for lunch at Anstruther. It is considered the capital of the East Neuk of Fife, hosting amazing local attractions. Take a pleasure cruise out to the isle of Islay to see the puffins and visit the Scottish Fisheries Museum.
Moving further to the seaside villages of Fife, Crail is the furthest north of the East Neuk villages and was a major port from the 13th and 14th Centuries. The Crail museum in Marketgate encompasses seafaring tradition and military history. Here, we will stop for a visit before moving up to St Andrews.
Duration: A maximum of 8 hours
Passengers: Up to 7 people
Availability: 8.00 am – 6.00 pm
Excludes: Admission fees to attractions & Distillery Tours*
*Tickets can be arranged from Capital Transfer Cars upon request
- The tour allows passengers to visit various locations subject to parking restrictions.
- Tours are available all year round- subject to weather conditions.
- Pick-ups and drop-offs are made at all hotels, guesthouses, or any private destination within the city centre of Edinburgh.
- Multiple pick-ups or drop-offs are available upon request, however, the lead passenger has to provide in advance all the information about the pick-up and drop-off points.
- Our vehicles do not have wheelchair accessibility.
- Children must be accompanied by their parents -we provide child seats prior to request, free of charge.
- The cost of entry to any attractions is not included in the cost of this tour. This tour covers only the transfer fees.
- Cancellation policy applies – please chek our terms and conditions
Kellie Castle & Garden NTS | Anstruther– Medieval stonework meets Victorian style on the estate at Kellie Castle.
Kingsbarns Distillery & Visitor Centre – A single malt whisky distillery located in Kingsbarns, a few miles away from St Andrews.