A journey through the time and epic tile of the fantasy-romance novel of star-crossed lovers! An adventure of unchanged ancient villages that inspired the famous Netflix series, Outlander.
Step back in the 18th century and discover the film locations of the famous TV show, Outlander. Visit iconic castles and well-preserved villages on a full-day tour.
- Midhope Castle
- Blackness Castle
- Linlithgow Palace
- Doune Castle
- South Queensferry
*Midhope Castle is available from April to December
Leaving the Capital behind for an early morning journey to the most famous location in the series. The first stop is Midhope Castle, where the Fraser family is known as Lallybroch. Spend time at the castle and live your Outlander fantasy before heading to the next stop, Blackness Castle.
Fans of Outlander will recognise the exterior posed as Fort William. Take your time to visit the Lordy residence – the fortress of Black Jack Randall.
The tour continues to the town of Linlithgow and the Linlithgow Palace used as the Wentworth Prison, where Jamie was held prisoner and tortured by Black Jack Randall.
Heading north, we journey past Stirling Castle and the Wallace Monument to Doune Castle, or as it’s called in Outlander, Castle Leoch. This is the home of Colum MacKenzie.
Traveling back in time, the next stop is the ancient village of 16th-century Culross. Here, you spend time visiting Claire’s herb garden, exploring the palace, or wandering the ancient streets while you imagine what life must have been like 400 years ago.
The last stop of the day is South Queensferry to admire the Firth of Forth and the beautiful bridges that link Edinburgh to Fife.
Duration: A maximum of 8 hours
Passengers: Up to 7 people
Availability: 8.00 am – 6.00 pm
Excludes: Admission fees to attractions
*Tickets can be arranged from Capital Transfer Cars upon request
- The tour allows passengers to visit various locations subject to parking restrictions.
- Tours are available all year round- subject to weather conditions.
- Pick-ups and drop-offs are made at all hotels, guesthouses, or any private destination within the city centre of Edinburgh.
- Multiple pick-ups or drop-offs are available upon request, however, the lead passenger has to provide in advance all the information about the pick-up and drop-off points.
- Our vehicles do not have wheelchair accessibility.
- Children must be accompanied by their parents -we provide child seats prior to request, free of charge.
- The cost of entry to any attractions is not included in the cost of this tour. This tour covers only the transfer fees.
- Cancellation policy applies – please chek our terms and conditions